Dear Advocates and Members,
In a year unlike any other, the Cultural Advocacy Coalition’s Advocacy Day is going virtual! Please Save the Date for Friday, April 23rd. This year, advocate for the arts from the comfort of your own home. While we’ll miss seeing you face to face, we’ll have a line up you won’t want to miss with special guests, a fabulous training, and we’ll even be premiering the Coalition’s new look. Stay tuned for more details and registration in the next couple of weeks!
In the meantime, while we shore up the details, here’s a quick preview of the Coalition’s legislative session priorities.
- Expand Oregon’s investment in its cultural agencies and partners, including funding for Oregon Arts Commission and Oregon Cultural Trust. HB5023 – Oregon Business Development bill; HB5025 – Oregon Parks and Recreation department budget bill
- Continue to invest in cultural infrastructure. HB5534 – lottery bonds. Learn about the 11 Capital Construction Projects we endorse in 2021-2023.
- Protect tax policies which allow the cultural sector to serve its public mission, including historic preservation of Oregon’s gems. SB108 – historic property tax credit extension for 10 years.
- Extend Oregon film and video office tax credit. SB43 – tax credit extension for six years.
- Protect itemized deductions for charitable contributions. HB2255 – limits itemized personal income tax deductions for charitable contributions.
- Work with key legislators and other interested parties to refresh the Oregon state song.
- Advance equitable access to a well-rounded arts education for Oregon students.
Board of Directors, President
Executive Director, Artists Repertory Theatre (ART)
P.S. Become a member of the Coalition or renew your gift today, and stay tuned for more Advocacy Day 2021 information in the coming weeks.
Questions about Advocacy Day? Write to Jamie Painter at email@example.com.